PHP Lead Developer
A PHP Developer should be able to lead LAMP (Linux, Apache, PHP and Mysql) development projects. He should have expertise in developing and deploying web based project. He should be able to understand the proposed technical architecture and write detailed design documents for the projects. He should be able to write code and mentor other team members.
Experience: 7-10 years
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coaching junior developers on the project.
- Supporting the project manager with effort estimations and status reporting.
- Communicating with the architecture team, other team members and the project manager.
- Leading technical discussions to conclusion.
- Code and test plan reviews of team members.
- Participation in requirements analysis and technical architecture designs.
- Managing and mentoring junior developers in software development and practices.
- Commitment to meet deadlines without compromising on product quality
- Maintaining good work environment and team spirit
- Self motivation to learn new technologies and being a role model
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of PHP and Mysql and different frameworks (WordPress, Drupal, Magento, YII)
- E-commerce website development using HTML5, CSS3
- Experience in integrating different payment gateways
- Sound knowledge of database designing and application architecture planning for MVC projects
- Sound understanding of OOP and MVC development
- Knowledge of Git/SVN/CVS.
- Good debugging skills with browser extensions & server tools
- Basic knowledge of Linux commands
- Experience in Amazon Web Services and cloud based architectures
- Should have good working knowledge on both Windows and Linux (any UNIX based) operating systems.
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Coaching junior developers on the project
- Taking the lead role in discussions
- Supporting the project manager with effort estimations and status reporting